Around Town with Jen Dame
Around Town this weekend:
- This Sunday, Pancakes with a Princess at EGF VFW. 6 area princesses lined up to sing while the GFAFB fire fighters flip pancakes and grill sausage. Cost is $6.00 but if you bring a group of 4, it will only cost $20.
- The children's garden club open to kids in kindergarten through 6th grade - it's meant to spark interest in gardening, nutrition and the environment. Club is free - limited to 12 kids. Contact the Grand Forks Public Library for more information.
- EGF Campbell Library is hosting its first annual stuffed animal sleepover. Bring your stuffed animal to the library anytime today and then stop by tomorrow morning to see what mischief your friend got up to overnight!
- A Syttende mai lunch will be served from 11:00 to 2:00 followed by afternoon coffee and Norwegian treats at the Sons of Norway Lodge.
- Join the library for free popcorn and a screening of "The Nut Job." All ages welcome The movie is rated PG.
- Costumes for a cause 5K Walk/Run in Crookston -- Registration begins at 9:30am at Castle Park- $20 entry fee on race day Prizes will be given out to the Top Runners, Best Adult Costumers, Best Kids Costumes, Best Group Costumes, and Best Pet Costume! People and pets welcome.
- Rumble in the Valley Roller Derby Tournament -- Doors open at 7:45 a.m for the Roller Derby Tournament. The event goes all day.
- Tired of figuring out what's for dinner? Have the kids bring home supper, while they learn the basics of lures, casting, cleaning, regulations and other responsible angler information (fish tales optional). Head out to Ryan Lake Sunday afternoon.