Around Town for Parents
It has been a beautiful week, hopefully the weekend will keep up with lots of fun things going on. - Of course if it does rain, be sure to sign your kids up to bowl 2 free games daily, ALL SUMMER LONG, rain or shine at Red Ray Lanes -- https://www.kidsbowlfree.com/center.php?alley_id=6027
- Rain or shine lace up your shoes for the is the annual Dewey duathalon. The event is held at South Middle School in Grand Forks and offers a 5K run/walk, 10K run/walk and run-bike-run duathlon for all ages and skill-levels of athletes. -- http://www.deweydu.org/
- Wanna get your motor runnin' instead? North America's hottest classic car show and rod run is back in Devils Lake for the 22nd year. Devils Run is a weekend packed full of events and entertainment. -- http://www.greaterdakotaclassics.com/events/devils_run.html
- While you're checking out the classic cars head over for a classic meal. St. Olaf Lutheran Church in Devils Lake will be hosting its Classic Drive-Inn...come on out for burgers, Hot Dogs, Brats, French Fries & much More -- http://www.hangtime.com/events/st-olaf-classic-drive-inn/1451895925056875
- St. Anne's is sponsoring their Annual Ice Cream, Pie & Cake Social on Sunday starting at 1:30. Great entertainment. Everyone is welcome, and bring a friend! -- https://www.visitgrandforks.com/event-calendar/st-anne-s-guest-home-annual-ice-cream-pie-cake-social/06-01-2014
- Kids watch out! You could be pulled over by a police officer and given an "I got caught" certificate for free ice cream at the DQ. Officers will be on the lookout all summer long for kids who are wearing their helmet while riding their bike. For more on bike safety, visit http://www.safekidsgf.com/BikeSafety.html
And once the rain stops, remember that All 3 Splash parks are now open in Grand Forks!