WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published August 22, 2011, 08:25 AM

Horace, ND, House Fire Leaves Child With Burned Feet

uthorities say a candle left burning is to blame for a weekend fire that heavily damaged a home in the community of Horace and left a child with burns to her feet.

By: Associated Press,

HORACE, N.D. (AP) — Authorities say a candle left burning is to blame for a weekend fire that heavily damaged a home in the community of Horace and left a child with burns to her feet.

The homeowners' great-granddaughter awoke to find her bed on fire Sunday morning. She was able to escape with what were described as minor burns. Everyone else got out of the house safely.

The fire in the community just southwest of Fargo killed a cat. Another cat and a dog had to be rescued by firefighters, while a second dog and a third cat escaped on their own.

Tags: