WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published December 01, 2011, 07:59 PM

Man Found Dead Set Minneapolis Fire to Keep Himself Warm

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minneapolis fire officials say a homeless man who died in a house fire had started the fire to keep himself warm.

By: Associated Press,

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minneapolis fire officials say a homeless man who died in a house fire had started the fire to keep himself warm.

The man was found unconscious on the first floor of the vacant house after the fire was reported early Wednesday. He was pronounced dead at HCMC.

The Star Tribune (http://bit.ly/tEx07j) reports the man, who has not been identified, was killed by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Two firefighters suffered minor injuries when they fell through the floor and into the basement.

Officials are urging people to call 911 if they suspect someone is living in an abandoned house.

Tags: