WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published March 19, 2012, 10:39 PM

Malfunctioning Light Causes GF Business Fire

GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - A fire broke out at a north Grand Forks iron manufacturing building on Monday night. The fire was reported just after 10 p.m. at Ornamental Iron at 1220 Dyke Ave.

By: Rick Abbott, WDAZ

GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - A fire broke out at a north Grand Forks iron manufacturing building on Monday night.

The fire was reported just after 10 p.m. at Ornamental Iron at 1220 Dyke Ave.

Four fire rigs responded to the fire, along with an Altru ambulance and Grand Forks police.

It was caused by a malfunctioning fluorescent light fixture that was attached to the ceiling. The light ignited nearby combustibles, causing damage to the ceiling and roof of the building.

Total damage is estimated at $3,000.

Tags: