WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published May 24, 2012, 07:59 PM

Woman Suffers Minor Burn in Grand Forks Fire

Damage estimated at up to $2,000
GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - Fire injured a Grand Forks woman in her home at 904 Chestnut Street just before 7 p.m. Thursday.

By: Rick Abbott, WDAZ

GRAND FORKS (WDAZ-TV) - Fire injured a Grand Forks woman in her home at 904 Chestnut Street just before 7 p.m. Thursday.

Firefighters say the fire started when a plastic dog kennel was set on a stove during cleaning, and the stove was accidentally turned on.

The woman took the burning kennel out of the back of the home, which started the side of the home on fire.

She had a minor burn on her foot and told firefighters she would take herself to Altru Hospital for treatment.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out and took a piece of siding off to make sure it didn't spread.

Damage is estimated at $1,500 to $2,000 including the stove.

No one else was hurt.

Tags: