Fire Destroys Mekinock, ND, HomeA fire early Wednesday afternoon destroyed much of a house at 361 Wright St. in Mekinock, N.D., according to the Emerado Fire Department.
By: Forum Communications,
A fire early Wednesday afternoon destroyed much of a house at 361 Wright St. in Mekinock, N.D., according to the Emerado Fire Department.
Around 25 firefighters from the Emerado, Gilby and Manvel volunteer departments arrived on the scene shortly after 1 p.m. to find smoke and flames coming through the top of the attic.
Two people lived in the house and at least one was home when the fire started.
A department representative said the fire spread throughout the attic and the main floor suffered heavy water damage, likely totaling the house.
Firefighters, who left the scene at 5:17 p.m., believe it was an electrical fire started in an upstairs air conditioner.
In Grand Forks, firefighters responded to a grease fire in an apartment at 1314 11th St. S., Tuesday at around 6:30 p.m.
Police arrived before the fire department and the fire had already been put out by a resident of the apartment, according to Battalion Chief Rob Corbett.
The hallway of the building was filled with smoke and firefighters helped ventilate the building.
Corbett said there were scorch marks to cabinet faces and the ceiling in the apartment and damages were estimated at $2,000.