WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published February 03, 2010, 04:08 PM

Buxton Family of Seven Loses House to Fire

A rural North Dakota family is without their home after a fire.

By: Jen Dame, WDAZ

A rural North Dakota family is without their home after a fire.

John and Julie Lacrosse of Buxton along with their two children and three foster children escaped the fire over the weekend only to watch their house burn down.

The home was originally built in 1909 and the old timbers made the house burn fast and hot.

Four fire departments responded to the fire.

Authorities say they don't think they will be able to determine a cause of the fire.

"I'm a firm advocate at this point for smoke detectors. For letting people know, smoke dectectors saved our lives. I don't think we would have made it out without smoke detectors," says John Lacrosse, homeowner.

If you would like to donate to the Lacrosse family, there is a fund set up for them at the Burlington Northern Credit Union in Grand Forks.

There is also a drop box for donations at the credit union.

The family is in need of household items, as well as clothing.

Tags: