WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published December 03, 2012, 02:39 PM

Fire Damages North Grand Forks Home

A north Grand Forks home was damaged by fire Sunday evening. The fire was reported at 604 N. Fifth St., at 7:48 p.m., according to the Grand Forks Fire Department.

By: Herald Staff Report, Grand Forks Herald

A north Grand Forks home was damaged by fire Sunday evening.

The fire was reported at 604 N. Fifth St., at 7:48 p.m., according to the Grand Forks Fire Department.

When firefighters arrived, they encountered smoke coming from a roof vent and fire in the house when they entered. The fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished, according to the report.

The occupants, who have not been identified, were safely able to exit the home and no injuries were sustained in the blaze. The building sustained moderate heat and smoke damage, with damage estimated at $30,000 to the structure and contents.

The cause of the fire was caused by an overloaded electrical circuit, resulting in hot wires coming into contact with flammable materials.

The fire department was assisted on the call by Altru Ambulance and Grand Forks Police Department.

The Grand Forks Fire Department reminds all residents to check your smoke detectors regularly.

Tags: