WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published February 13, 2013, 04:14 PM

One Hospitalized After Grand Forks Home Fire

One person is still hospitalized after a fire that occurred at the polka dot painted house in Grand Forks on Saturday.

One person is still hospitalized after a fire that occurred at the polka dot painted house in Grand Forks on Saturday.

Police say 40-year-old John Rodney Dillon Davis is currently at Regions Medical Center in St. Paul in critical condition. The fire department says the blaze was accidental and caused by the improper use of smoking material. The building housed six separate occupancies. The Red Cross is temporarily providing assistance to the displaced residents. The owner says it will take at least a few months for the house to be fully repaired. Firefighters remind everyone to check smoke detectors at least once a month.

Tags: