WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published June 07, 2013, 06:23 PM

Firefighters called to East Grand Forks home

Firefighters in East Grand Forks responded to a house fire call Friday afternoon around 3:30. East Grand Forks Police and Fire Department responded to the call as did fire rescue and Altru Hospital.

By: WDAZ Staff Reports, WDAZ

Firefighters in East Grand Forks responded to a house fire call Friday afternoon around 3:30. East Grand Forks Police and Fire Department responded to the call as did fire rescue and Altru Hospital.

The firefighters entered the smoke filled house to find a store bought fan had melted due to electrical problems. Firefighters vented the house by opening the windows.

Kevin Boushee, EGF Assistant Fire Chief: "The house was full of smoke so we ended up ventilating the house and pulled the fan out of the house and now we're in the process of cleaning up."

Officials say no one in the house was hurt.

Tags: