WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published August 13, 2013, 06:18 PM

Man hospitalized following Minnewaukan propane explosion

One man is hospitalized Tuesday evening after an explosion at an apartment building in Minnewaukan.

By: Adam Ladwig, WDAZ

One man is hospitalized Tuesday evening after an explosion at an apartment building in Minnewaukan.

The explosion happened about 3:00 Tuesday morning C Avenue in Minnewaukan. Authorities haven't released the name of the injured man, but they say he was staying in the apartment. Benson County Sheriff Steve Rohrer says the explosion was caused by a propane line that had not been properly sealed, and that the other units of the building are still safe to occupy. He says the powerful blast easily cost several thousand dollars in damages.

Tags: