9 Minnesota school districts vote to property tax increaseIt's Election Day and voting is underway at 9 Minnesota school districts in our region. Eight of the districts are seeking a property tax increase- Warroad, Goodridge, Warren Alvarado Oslo, Stephen-Argyle Central, Fisher, Fosston, Win E Mac, and Crookston. The Roseau school district is seeking nearly $500,000 in building bonds.
It's Election Day and the results are in -- more funding is coming to local schools. Voting has wrapped up at 9 Minnesota school districts in our region.
- The Roseau school district is seeking nearly $500,000 in building bonds, that vote passed, 99% voted yes, 1% voted no.
The 8 other local school results in property tax increase for residents.
- The Warroad school district currently collects about 630 per student, they're asking for nearly $70 more per student. That vote passed, 64% voted yes, 36% voted no.
- In Goodridge, the district is asking for an increase of $550 per student for general operating fees. That vote passed, 83% voted yes, 17% voted no.
- Warren Alvarado Oslo Currently collects more than $1,880 per student, they're asking for more than $300 extra per student. The Mail-in ballots have been counted. That vote failed -- costing the owner of an average home in the district a little more than $5 extra per month. 51% voted no, while 49% voted yes.
- Stephen-Argyle Central Currently collects about $1000 per student, they're asking for $730 more per student. A similar vote last year failed. This year, the vote passed 80% voted yes, 20% voted no.
Fisher - Capital Projects Levy passed, 79 voted yes, 43 voted no.
Fisher - Operating Levy passed, 81 voted yes, 42 no.
- The Fisher school district currently collects about $745 per student, they're asking for $140 more per student. That vote passed 65% voted yes, 35% voted no.
- In Fosston, the district Currently collects about $690 per student, they're asking to make that more than $1,100 per student. That vote passed 71% voted yes, 29% voted no. If they don't get it: cut 3 staff members, eliminate 2 sports programs, 3 coaches, reduce secretarial hours.
- In Win E Mac, the district is Seeking $4,985,000 school building bond for repairing roof, construction and equipping of metal shop and performing arts room, fitness space, dressing rooms and new restrooms. That vote passed 66% yes, 34% no.
- The Crookston school district is Seeking more than $6 million in a school building bond for upgrades like a new roof, window and heating. That vote passed 67% voted yes, 33% voted no.