WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published June 19, 2010, 07:58 PM

Officials Say Grafton Fire is Electrical

WDAZ was on the scene when a fire destroyed the Family Dollar Store in Grafton.

By: Brady Mallory, WDAZ

The Family Dollar in Grafton is gone after a fire broke out.

WDAZ was first on the scene, where firefighters have been battling flames and smoke since a little after seven tonight.

According to authorities the fire was electrical. A company out of Iowa was working on the air conditioner when the fire broke out. Two employees from Family Dollar and the two electrical workers were the only people in the store at the time. The only injuries being reported are heat exhaustion from firefighters. Four volunteer fire departments responded including Minto, Park River, Hoople, and Grafton.

Brett Nelson with Walsh County said, "The building was open and employees in the store called in the fire. Somebody working on the air-conditioning and heating units in the back of the building noticed smoke and fire. They evacuated and called 911."