WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published August 26, 2010, 09:28 AM

Dakota Hall Air Problems

As many as a dozen staff and faculty have been moved from the University of North Dakota's Dakota Hall after they complained of allergy symptoms.

By: Associated Press, WDAZ

GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) - As many as a dozen staff and faculty have been moved from the University of North Dakota's Dakota Hall after they complained of allergy symptoms.

The complaints prompted air quality tests by outside consultants that have proved inconclusive.

Jason Uhlir, director of campus safety and security, says the heat and moisture of late August means there are mold spores in the air that have shown up inside the building. But he says there are no visible signs of mold.

Uhlir says crews are cleaning up some moist spots and air filters. Consultants are to return later in the week to sample the air again.

Tags: