WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published October 04, 2010, 03:07 PM

Bail Set at $2 Million for Man Accused of Mahnomen Double Murder

Bail was set at $2 million Monday for a man accused of murdering two elderly rural Mahnomen County residents in their home.

By: Associated Press,

MAHNOMEN, Minn. (AP) — The man charged in the shooting deaths of a rural northwest Minnesota couple told a Bureau of Criminal Apprehension agent that he went to the wrong house.

Fifty-three-year-old Timothy Thorson is charged with second-degree murder in the killings last week of 72-year-old Francis Lundon and his 71-year-old wife, Ethyl, of rural Mahnomen.

The complaint says Thorson, a recovering drug addict, had been given information that drug dealers were living in the home. He allegedly intended to rob the dealers.

KFGO-AM reports Thorson told the agent that he rode a bike to the house and had a rifle.

The complaint says Francis Lundon offered Thorson a beer, and Thorson allegedly shot the couple after Lundon tried to grab the gun.

Thorson was arrested while driving the Lundons' pickup in central Minnesota.

Bail was set at $5 million with no conditions or $2 million with conditions.

Tags: