WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published October 05, 2010, 06:39 PM

New Water Meters Being Installed in Devils Lake

The Devils Lake City Commission has approved a more than a half-million dollar water meter project and it won't cost the residents anything.

The project is part of the total water source replacement project that the city is doing.

The current water meters are more than 20 years old and the accuracy is slowing reducing.

75% of the project will be funded with federal dollars, the other 25% will be locally funded.

The new system will make it easier and faster to read the meters.

"They'll be able to drive within a block or two of your house and just go down every other street, roughly, and it will read all of those meters automatically right from the pickup," explained Devils Lake City Auditor, Terry Johnston.

Johnston says residents will be receiving a letter to let them know how to schedule an appointment

The city expects the project to start mid-November and take about 4 months to complete.

Tags: