WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published August 21, 2011, 09:25 PM

Fire Nearly Destroys Horace Home

Horace, ND (WDAY TV) - A Horace family considers themselves lucky after fire nearly destroys their home.

By: WDAY Staff Reports, WDAY

The fire happened on the 16-hundred block of 100th Avenue South around seven this morning. The homeowner's granddaughter woke up to find her bed on fire. Officials believe the blaze started from a candle left burning before she fell asleep. She was taken to the hospital for minor burns.

Myron Canales – Cass County Sheriff’s Office: "Probably don't leave an open flame next to your bed when you go to sleep, always blow them out before you go to sleep."

A cat died in the fire. Damage estimates aren't known.

Tags: