WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published December 27, 2010, 05:21 PM

A Fire In Grand Forks Determined To Be Electrical

The Grand Forks Fire Department wants you to remember to check smoke alarms after an early morning fire in town.

The Grand Forks Fire Department wants you to remember to check smoke alarms after an early morning fire in town.

The Grand Forks Fire Department responded to a house fire at 1018 Walnut Street this morning.

The family was home at the time but no one was injured.

The cause of the fire is determined to be electrical and officials say there was about 25-thousand-dollars worth of damage.

One of the smoke alarms didn't have a battery in the home and firefighters want you to know it is important to check.

"Check them monthly please, change the batteries when you need to. I like to tell people to change their batteries twice a year, when you change your clock, change your batteries." Grand Forks Fire Marshall Bruce Hoeger said.

Firefighters say smoke detectors should be replaced every seven to ten years.

Tags: