WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published November 01, 2009, 11:27 AM

GRAND FORKS RESIDENT CLAIMS INJURY DUE TO NEEDLE IN CANDY BAR

Police say it appears to be an "isolated" incident

By: Milo Smith, WDAZ

A Grand Forks man says he was injured by a needle hidden inside a candy bar his child got while Trick-or-Treating on Halloween.

Grand Forks Police say the man told them that he was stuck by a sewing needle when eating his child’s Halloween candy. He told police he was eating a "Crunch” candy bar when the needle gave him a small puncture wound to the top of his mouth.

Police encourage you to examine your child’s candy for any signs of tampering to the outside wrapping. In a news release Sunday morning, Police said that this appears to be an isolated incident, but they advise caution when eating candy from people you don't know.

Anyone with information regarding this crime is encouraged to contact the Grand Forks Police Department at (701)787-8000.

Tags: