WDAY.com

WDAZ: Your Home Team

Published November 25, 2009, 07:32 AM

Bismarck Fire Blamed on Electrical Problem

Authorities say an electrical problem with a stove led to a house fire in Bismarck that sent a man and three children to the hospital.

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) - Authorities say an electrical problem with

a stove led to a house fire in Bismarck that sent a man and three

children to the hospital.

The four were treated for smoke inhalation after the blaze

Friday afternoon.

Selina Schily said she and her husband were outside and their

three children, ranging in age from 4 months to 3 years, were

inside the home. She was alerted by her landlord who saw smoke.

Schily said her husband, Jacob, kicked in the back door to

rescue two of the children, then broke a window to get the other

one. She said the baby suffered first- and second-degree burns.

The Schilys say their home was gutted but they are happy to have

their children safe. Selina said, "I think we'll be fine as long

as we have our kids and each other."

Tags: