Condition of 2 Injured in Home Explosion North of Larimore Upgraded to FairThe conditions of two people involved in an explosion north of Larimore last week have been upgraded to fair.
By: WDAZ Staff Report, WDAZ
The conditions of two people involved in an explosion north of Larimore last week have been upgraded to fair, according to a Regions Hospital nursing supervisor.
Justin McMahon and Danielle Bissel were taken to the St. Paul hospital after propane fueled a deadly explosion at their home.
McMahon and Bissel's 6-month-old daughter Samantha was killed in the blast.
Danielle Bissell was reportedly found partially underneath a couch and McMahon was found inside what was left of the home, buried underneath rubble.
The North Dakota State Fire Marshal Wednesday released the probable cause of the blast, saying it was caused by a propane leak. The findings of the investigation indicate that propane was the fuel for the explosion, which was triggered by a water pressure pump being activated in the basement.
The Grand Forks Sheriff's Department said in a written release that hopefully something can be learned from this very tragic event.
Debris from the explosion flew 40 to 50 yards from the two-story house. Neighbors miles away report hearing the blast, which some described as like a sonic boom.