Ramps to Close on Demers Avenue at 4th Avenue Interchange
As part of the construction project on Demers Avenue and 4th Avenue South in Grand Forks, the on and off ramps at the 4th Avenue South interchange on Demers Avenue will be closed to eastbound traffic beginning Monday, July 25. The on and off ramps for westbound Demers Avenue traffic will remain open. The project consists of pavement repairs and asphalt overlay along with other maintenance work.
· Eastbound lanes will be closed, with head-to-head traffic in the westbound lanes.
· Motorists using 4th Avenue South to Demers Avenue are urged to use alternate routes.
· Residents living on the south side of 4th Avenue South will have to take Cherry Street and turn onto 5th Avenue South to reach their residence.
· Speeds will be reduced to 25 mph.
· A width restriction of 12 feet will be in place.
· Flaggers may be present.
· Motorists may experience delays during normal rush hours. Motorists are urged to take alternate routes.
This project is expected to be completed in mid-August.