25 Cited for Drunk Driving During WE FestLaw enforcement officials arrested 25 people for drunk driving during WE Fest, authorities reported today.
By: Forum Communications,
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Law enforcement officials arrested 25 people for drunk driving during WE Fest, authorities reported today.
Sgt. Jesse Grabow with the Minnesota State Patrol said the number is consistent with what law enforcement has reported during the past few years, and down from the number of arrests that occurred about 10 years ago.
“These last few years show that more people are using designated drivers and taking advantage of taxis, limos and other safe and sober rides,” Grabow said.
The State Patrol, Becker County Sheriff’s Office and Detroit Lakes Police Department also reported that 23 people under the age of 21 were cited for drinking alcohol.
Other statistics include:
- 572 vehicles were stopped between Wednesday and Saturday.
- Eight vehicles were towed.
- 178 people were cited and 60 were warned for seat belt violations.
- 12 were cited and 141 were warned for speeding.
- Nine were cited for driving after revocation, cancellation or suspension.
- Five were cited and 86 were warned for equipment violations.
- 32 were cited and 165 were warned for other violations.