Wind: South 8
Relative Humidity: 57
Happy Easter everyone! We are going to have a beautiful one today. High near 71*, with a south wind at 5-15 mph.
There is a chance to see a few scattered showers in the area as a cold front will move through Sunday night. Low of 42* with a SW wind at 5-15 mph.
Cooler air will arrive for Monday, with highs in the upper 50s and lower 60s. Our next chance of rain will be Wednesday through Friday. Highs will dropping into the 50s and 60s, but by Friday, temperatures will fall into the 40s.
-Meteorologist Kellen Peters
Sign up to receive weather alerts.
WDAZ Weather Cam
This is the view looking north from the WDAZ studio at 2220 South Washington in Grand Forks, ND.
April 19, 2014
No climate data found.
|Increasing Danger (Frostbite in 30 min.)|
|Heightened Danger (Frostbite in 10 min.)|
|Great Danger (Frostbite in 5 min.)|
Differences Between the new and old systems
- Wind speed is now calculated for 5 feet off the ground. Wind speed was previously based on observations at 33 feet.
- The calm wind threshold was lowered to 3mph.
- A consistent standard for skin tissue resistance is now in use.
- Measurements are based on how wind affects the human face, typically the most exposed portion of the body.
- The table incorporates the theory that heat is lost from the body depending on its surroundings
- The sun's impact is not factored into the wind chill temperature formula.